History

Pre-1778

Cammeraygal People Camp and Fish Along Foreshore

1876

Establishment of Gasworks

1932

Closure of Gasworks

1942

Establishment of naval torpedo manufacturing facility

1967

Establishment of Submarine Base HMAS Platypus

1997

All torpedo works transferred to missile maintenance facility at Kingswood

1999

Closure of Platypus – Defence Moves Out

2005

Handover of Site to Harbour Trust

2005

Community consultation begins

2009

Community Consultation Adoption of Comprehensive Plan (Shared Vision)

2010

Commencement of Site Remediation

2016

Remediation completed & consultation continues

2016

Management Plan approved

2017

Renewal works commence

2017

Call for Leasing Expressions of Interest

Sub Base Platypus News

Stay up to date with what’s happening at Sub Base Platypus.